2018-10-04: Search server active for recent posts, rebuilding for older posts. RebeccaBlackTech restored after host's storage had a 2nd SAN hiccup on 9/24. No damage, but we need to import posts from the a contingency scraper. Many thanks to our new tetrarchy of sysadmins who worked to fix this complex service after the loss of the original admin. More info later. Donations would still help in case of image storage failure and we still need a new scraper.
The server is stable, but the scraper is at its final limits due to crippling resource use and cloudflare limits, so /gif/ and /wsg/ images are paused. Let's solve this: help build a new scraper. More details here.
[6 / 1 / ?]

Kanye West and Lil Pump - I love it (review first part)

No.82776216 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Kanye West and Lil Pump - I love it Review
I love it is probably one of the best rap songs if the year. The track starts with some spoken word lines from Adele Givens, setting the song's "hoe" motif. The morphed, distorted laughs at the end of her monologue abruptly cut to Lil Pump's hook. The bassline, in its simplicity, makes a perfect main theme for the whole track. The use of the intriguing V-I resolution is perfect. The drums start instead with some mysterious trap kicks. Lil's hook is a masterpiece of melodic and lyrical catchiness. The tensiom built up in the "You're such a fucking hoe" part naturally, but at the same time unexpectedly resolve in the metion of the title. The autotune effects add to the otherwordly, bizzarro feeling of this chorus. A variation of the chorus recites "Your boyfriend is a dork, McLovin", offering a clever reference, while also maintaining the similarity between "I love it" and "McLovin". The trap kicks develop in a hard hitting complete beat, with a extremely satisfying snare sound. A worth-mentioning detail is the genious use of taking away and adding back the bassline between verses. Also, note the total absence of hi hats in this song, a main feature of most trap beats. The chorus flawlessy flows into the verse, with Lil Pump's melodic, memorable delivery. The approach taken with the staccato-sostenuto lines is clever, and adds to the background beat's rhythm. Another curated detail is the variety of the background vocals, featuring many diverse, but all well placed vocal samples. My favourite part is the "Oh, fuck" parts, with such a heavy but pleasuring delivery. The vocals remain suspended after the "she take lines" part, to tjen drop in the hook.