2018-10-04: Search server active for recent posts, rebuilding for older posts. RebeccaBlackTech restored after host's storage had a 2nd SAN hiccup on 9/24. No damage, but we need to import posts from the a contingency scraper. Many thanks to our new tetrarchy of sysadmins who worked to fix this complex service after the loss of the original admin. More info later. Donations would still help in case of image storage failure and we still need a new scraper.
The server is stable, but the scraper is at its final limits due to crippling resource use and cloudflare limits, so /gif/ and /wsg/ images are paused. Let's solve this: help build a new scraper. More details here.
[51 / 8 / ?]

The downside of free meals in the office

No.68458949 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
If the office is not large enough(lets say <1000 ppl), it could be difficult for introverts. Because everyone knows each other, and you need to eat lunch and social with other ppl every single day. No place to hide, and no excuse(like buying lunch/eating outside) to avoid other ppl, without giving out an unapproachable impression.

It’s not like a lunch break. Rather like a team lunch/company networking event EVERYDAY.

I know I should social with my colleagues. And they are super friendly and nice. And I do sit with them everyday during lunch looking super friendly and enjoyable too. I sincerely care about them to the appropriate extent and would like to know more about them(again, to the appropriate extent). I also understand the mere social gesture and frequent meeting and greeting, although its content may be meaningless, will facilitate positive connections among ppl.

It’s just there is no “me” time all day, drains my energy out. I guess an office really needs to be large enough for introvert to breath.