- If you're at the Kalahari, arrive early, park and don't move your car. You will lose your spot.
- You can grab snacks and bring them with you. There's lots to eat at the Kalahari but it's a little pricey if you just need a small snack. They don't like outside food being brought in. There's a Walmart down the road or you can just bring your own stuff and keep it in the hotel. Otherwise, I recommend bringing snack bars or something.
- There will be people walking around carrying drinks all day every day. They serve alcohol in the actual con area after a certain hour. I've walked around in lolita late there and never had any instances of people dropping alcohol on me but be aware of your surroundings.
- If you're able, and like amusement parks and roller coasters, take time to visit Cedar Point. It's about 10 minutes away from the convention. I usually plan a day to go before or after the con.
- Take some time to explore all the areas of the Kalahari, outdoors and indoors. There's a lot of things to do there outside the convention.
There's a variety of lolitas that are there from different communities. The Ohio comm is there, but also Michigan and other surrounding states. There's a range of experience levels, but everyone is nice and pretty accepting and friendly. There's some lolita events going on like the tea party and fashion show and some panels.